Post 16 Teaching and Learning
Post 16 teaching and learning
Ofsted has regularly condemned the quality of teaching and learning in the 6th form. Numerous thematic and school inspections has criticised the quality of teaching for being “overly didactic” and “uninspiring”.
As a Post 16 AST, Andy has supported numerous schools to improve the quality of their post 16 provision. This has resulted in schools significantly increased their Average Point Score per student and per subject.
Using his extensive experience, as a highly successful teacher and examiner of A Level and Post 16adviser; he has developed a programme of post 16 school improvement.
The programme can include:
• Learning conversations with students, to discuss the quality of post 16 teaching and learning in the school.
• Lesson observations.
• Whole school inset on what makes a good 6th form lesson.
• Twilight inset sessions on post teaching and learning strategies.
• Assessment for Learning at Post 16.
• Data analysis
• Training for Staff Post 16 Teaching and Learning advocates.
This programme can be tailored to meet the needs of schools
“Feedback has been extremely positive about last night’s training – ‘One colleague even described it as “life changing”. Andy Backwell, Head of 6th Form, Malmesbury School
“Thanks you so much for the excellent inset training last Friday. It has certainly created a buzz around the staffroom. It was a real eye-opener.” Assistant Headteacher, South Wilts Grammar School